4-week course. 1 hr. each week
if someone wants to get a group together and have me come to their home. They receive the classes for free. Min of 4 participants, not including the one getting free classes (5 total) this corresponds with the group rateone-on-one: $200group sessions: $100
What is a Certified Infant Massage Teacher?
This is not only an instructor, but also an educator who teaches parents and caregivers the art of infant massage. A Certified Infant Massage Teacher is going to instruct you in the presence of your baby to learn the cues from your child and build your bonding experience.
As a Certified Infant Massage Teacher what am I allowed to do?
- Allows the CIMT to teach parents and caregivers infant massage during group or individual sessions
- Allows the CIMT to give presentations, lectures, and talks on infant massage to professions, groups and other licensed care providers.
What is touch as it relates to the field of infant massage Therapy?
This sense of touch is first developed in utero and continues to develop thru birth, and is the Childs first form of communication. As human beings we thrive on touch, and it is critical for healthy growth and development. Infant Massage provides a parent or caregiver the opportunity to communicate with their baby using touch as their way to express love, to comfort, and to bond.
Infant Massage Benefits:
- Stimulating the skin
- Stability of the nervous system
- Increased Immunity
- Sensory stimulation has shown to increase the speed of myelination
- Neurological development
- Tactile contact (skin-to-skin)
- Heart beat
- Eye contact
- Balancing the nervous system
- Reduction of cortisol (stress hormone/used for fight or flight)
- Reduced anxiety
- Helps with digestion, gas, constipation, reflux
- Increases motility of the digestive tract
- Tactile Sensation (skin-to-skin)
- Better communication between caregiver and child of non verbal cues
- Building trust
- Child builds confidence that needs are met
- Caregiver builds confidence in understanding Childs cues
- Increased weight gain
- Better sleeping pattern
- Improved immunity, and circulation
- Improved muscle tone
- Improved cardiac and respiratory output